2.22.23 Weather Update

2.22.23 Weather Update
Posted on 02/22/2023
2.22.23 Weather Update
Bottom Line Up Front:
- Due to the current weather forecast for tomorrow, Thursday, February 23rd, and the possibility of the storm being downgraded, we will NOT call school off at this time.
- I will attend the 3:45 AM webinar with the National Weather Service and hit the roads early in the morning to check on conditions and our facilities to see if we can safely clear them in time.
- Classes will run as scheduled unless you hear from me by 6:00 AM.
- As always, if we have school, guardians can opt to keep their students home.
- If we do not have school, remote learning will not be required; we still have snow days built into our schedule.
Dear Lake Geneva Schools Families,
I am closely monitoring the weather situation. The latest update from NOAA has the storm tapering off earlier than expected. There is a possibility that the warning and the no-travel advisory will be lifted earlier than noon tomorrow. I will continue monitoring the situation, roads, and sidewalks. I will alert you at or before 6:00 AM tomorrow.
At this time, I will not be calling school off. No decision will be made until tomorrow morning.
If you do not hear from me again, we will have classes as scheduled.
As always, if we have school, guardians can keep their students home if they feel it isn’t safe to send their student. Please call your child’s school office and let them know you are excusing them using guardian permission.
Pete Wilson
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2023 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.